- Hits: 30071
REGISTERING A COMPANY IN NORTH MACEDONIA
The current Company Law is effective since 2004. The amendment to the Company Law in 2005 facilitated the start of the Central Register at the beginning of 2006, as the body authorized to perform all company registrations and the institution to maintain the all companies Trade Register. This is the primary law regulating business activity in North Macedonia. It defines the types of companies, procedures and regulations for their establishment and operations. As all foreign investors are granted the same rights and privileges as Macedonian nationals, they are entitled to establish and operate all types of self-owned private companies or joint-stock companies.
Foreign investors are not required to obtain special permission from state-authorized institutions, other than what is customarily required by law. Under the Company Law, companies are formed as separate legal entities that operate independently and are distinct from their founders, shareholders and managers. Depending on the type, companies have their own rights, liabilities, names and registered offices. The law defines five forms of companies: General Partnership, Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Company, Joint Stock Company and Limited Partnership by Shares.
North Macedonia has introduced a ONE-STOP-SHOP SYSTEM that enables investors to register their businesses after 4 hours of submitting on application (in practice, it might take 1-2 business days). One can register a company in North Macedonia by visiting one office, obtaining the information from a single place, and addressing one employee. This significantly reduces administrative barriers and start-up costs. For more information visit the Central Registry office.
- Address: Kuzman Josifovski Pitu, Skopje 1330, North Macedonia
Phone: + 3892 3288-298
FILE AN APPLICATION IN THREE STEPS:
2. Prepare documentation:
3. Submit: application
Authorization certificate for registration agent
Procedure for obtaining authorization certificate
The authorization certificate “registration agent” can be obtained in accordance with the submitted request for obtaining certificate and additions according to the Law on One stop-shop system and managing the trades register and the register of other legal entities.
The request you can download here.
Additions to the request:
- Evidence for employee (M1 / M2 template), the same person shell owns a certificate for accountant / authorized accountant and shell owns a confirmation for successfully passed training,
- A copy of the certificate for accountant / authorized accountant
- A statement for personal data protection, signed by the person specified in point 1. The statement can be downloaded here
- Signed agreement for using the system of e-registration and the same delivered in 2 examples. The agreement you can download
Database of official translators: http://www.pravda.gov.mk/sudskipreveduvaci/SudskiPreveduvaci.aspx?lang=en
For more information: -http://e-submit.crm.com.mk/eFiling/en/useful-information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx
Foreign residents can easily establish employment in the Republic of North Macedonia, after getting an appropriate visa or permit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, i.e. Diplomatic-consular offices abroad.
Nationals of EU member-states, as well as nationals of the state-parties to the Schengen agreement may enter the Republic of North Macedonia presenting a valid identity card issued by the competent authorities of the EU member-states or of the state-parties to the Schengen agreement.
Type of visas:
- Entry visa
- Business visa,
- Employment visa
Visa requirements and procedure:
- Visas shall be issued only at the embassies or consulates of the Republic of North Macedonia abroad;
- The validity of the passport or other travel document of the applicant has to be minimum 3 (three) months;
- The applicant is to contact an embassy or the consulate of the Republic of North Macedonia for additional information about the conditions and procedure for visa issuance;
- The application may be submit to the embassy/consulate of the Republic of North Macedonia by post mail or by fax, in which case the applicant must collect the visa in person;
Using the list of diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of North Macedonia abroad (which can be found at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs visa applicants can choose the most convenient embassy/consulate to submit the application.
Types of permits:
- Work Permit,
- Residence Permit.
For more information: - Visas and Work Permits for Foreigners
LICENSES AND PERMITS
In addition to the registration of all business activities as stipulated by the Company Law, some business activities must obtain additional working licenses or permits before starting their operations. For the companies operating in these fields, the registration process is followed by a licensing process with the relevant authorities covering the matter of licenses and/or permits in their respective business area.
Employees in the Central Register are trained to direct newly registered companies to the appropriate licensing authorities.
For more information: - Licenses and permits per sector